AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

.22 LR question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 11/21/2016 22:29 (#5649399 - in reply to #5649097)
Subject: RE: .22 LR question

If I were in your shoes I would be carrying my Ruger 22/45 pistol. If you're not familiar, it's a .22 semi-auto.

Quiet and accurate. Based on what I've read I think I'd rather have a MK II but I have been quite pleased with the 22/45.

Anyway, it's cheap to practice with and feel comfortable with. It's accurate and reliable. It's small so it's convenient to carry. And I sure wouldn't want to be on the other end of it even at 100 yards. My brother and I used to try to hit a man sized steel target with it at 100 yards. It was hit and miss but not much worse than that. Maybe hit it 30 to 50% of the time while standing after getting used to how high we had to aim. This was without even being able to see the target because the barrel of the gun was covering it due to how high we had to aim.

You're looking to kill a dog which would normally ask for a larger caliber but you're also looking to not make a scene. That calls for a small reliable weapon that you'll have with you all the time and can afford to be familiar with. 22/45 or MK II fits the bill.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)