AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What would your reaction be to something like this from a parent?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

JRthefarmer
Posted 11/19/2016 06:25 (#5644142 - in reply to #5643377)
Subject: RE: What would your reaction be to something like this from a parent?

SESD
Can I plagiarize that letter? haha. For whatever reason people today think that giving kids everything they could dream of is doing a good thing for them, when in reality, the giver is the one who actually feels the need to give for many reasons. Lets take a look at the crap going on after the election of Trump. Therapy dogs, aroma rooms, etc, for children that can't handle anything that doesn't go their way. People threatening to kill themselves over this because they can't handle disappointment. I think this type of thing is how it starts. Parents that can't say no to STUFF. Parents that can't say no to activities. Parents that can't discipline undesirable behavior. In the long run, it's a detriment to kids to not go without in certain ways. In my opinion, for the most part at least, everything a young kid gets/has over their necessities is generally a detriment to their maturing and character building. And the more in excess of those wants/desires, the worse the problem seems to be. If more thought was given into how to help that child long term to build character, most toy stores would be out of business, as they should be. But, as I said above, the problem is that it is more of a "gift" for the giver than anything. Off soapbox now...........
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)