AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fendt Durability Rant
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jcfarmboy
Posted 11/5/2016 15:14 (#5619760 - in reply to #5619713)
Subject: RE: Fendt Durability Rant

South Western Ontario, Canada
JRM - 11/5/2016 15:27

Let me get this straight, you are trying to run a JD planter run by a JD 2630 monitor pulled by an 822 Fendt?

I can only assume you're trying to pull NMEA from the Fendt into the 2630. That would be the only connection between the two.

You can test the NMEA output from the Fendt to see if there are issues there. A good technology guy can do that with any normal laptop hooked into the DB9 connector. It has been probably 5 years since I've done this so no, I can't walk you through how to.

You can also easily get JD to put a stand alone GPS system on and hook that up to the 2630. It could also be a simple connection issue between the planter and the 2630 or the DB9 connector and the 2630.

And yeah, Fendt durability issue is the most inaccurate title of a thread I've seen in a long time. I can understand why you're having a hard time with people getting this fixed. You have to be straight with them and work through the issue in a methodical way instead of just blaming a tractor or dealer when you really don't know what is going on.

If memory is correct the problem is with the RTK portion of the signal. Works on WAAS.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)