AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Boosting wifi from house to farmstead
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

GinNB
Posted 10/15/2016 19:15 (#5582827 - in reply to #5582757)
Subject: RE: Boosting wifi from house to farmstead

Ubiquiti wifi bridge to each building and put a router in access point mode inside each. That way the home router will be assigning all the IP addresses and things like network printers will be easily usable. One radio on the house can link to two radios on the outbuildings. I did a Picostation to two Nanostation Loco M2s but that was just because I had the Pico already. Three Loco M5 Nanos would give higher speed links. Nanos have somewhat directional antennas so the two outbuildings should be reasonably close to each other. You could plug a Picostation in AP mode to one of the new routers and mount it outside the shop to give you strong wifi outdoors all around that area as well.

The cheapest way might be to put a single Loco M2 Nano in AP mode on the house and point it at the middle of the shop and seed warehouse. This is assuming they're fairly close together. This should give you decent wifi at both of them outdoors and near windows but have limited penetration inside the buildings.

If you'll be doing it yourself I can look up relatively easy directions and post the links.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)