AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking For Ground To Farm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Swenny79
Posted 7/24/2016 12:02 (#5429477 - in reply to #5427913)
Subject: RE: Looking For Ground To Farm

Concordia, KS
Get away from thr farm for 2-5 years. If you are like most, you will do a lot of growing up when you get out of school. It gives you new perspectives, new ideas, and makes you appreciate what full time farming provides in terms of flexibility and responsibilities.

I lived 1.75 hours away from the farm for 7 years. Maybe a bit long, but i grew up alot and learned some lessons while working with other farmers. I tested equipment qnd traveled all over the US and Canada. It was good to do that while i was young, but it prepared me to deal with farmers, sales people, corporate management. I learnedi learned to make better decisions, think more deeply about problems and solutions, and took the fear away of trying something new.

I recently moved back home and am involved with the farm again. Our farm isn't big enough to support two families, but i am better prepared for opportunities when the come up.

I'm 31, all i ever wanted to do was go home, but getting away may have been the best thing I could have done.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)