AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I need your advice.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

VermeerTech1
Posted 6/7/2016 23:56 (#5343313)
Subject: I need your advice.

I had a fella call me today and said he had a telehandler that won't move asked me to stop and take a look at it. It was only 3 miles from our shop and it was on my way to the post office/lunch, so I agreed. I get there and find the machine has snapped a u joint in the rear driveshaft. Their mechanics had replaced it with a good quality replacement but they now cannot get the machine to move in either direction.
They drove it in their shop under front wheel power, fixed the rear shaft and now it won't move. So I look it over good and I can see fluid coming from the transmission case and what looks like JB weld goobered on there. So I asked if the shaft had hit the case, I was told it had and that they tried to JB weld the hole in the cases... I'm scratching my head at this point. But they ask if I'd be interested in fixing it, so I of course said yes. So being this thing is big immobile and heavy as heck I call the local towing company to come with their roll off and pick it up. That went great and I owe a big thanks to them ( I promise to name them after I resolve my current pickle).
So I get it to my shop and in my bay when the phone rings, it's the same fella from this morning, he is giving me the contact info for his boss and so on and so forth, when he tells me that they do not own the telehandler, but it belongs to a subcontractor who left it at their place until they start a job. The fella said they (not the owners) used it move something and damaged it. So my question is how do I navigate this? I'm not sure the owner even knows his machine is down as of now and it looks like it's going to be $15,000 for a tranny fix. I can't in good faith let the JB weld express go back to this guy can I? I have to fix it right, but do I contact the owner or is that the guy who broke it problem? Thank you for reading all of that.... Whew! Any advice would be great. TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)