AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spraying in the wind.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

BHTN
Posted 5/10/2016 13:10 (#5292674 - in reply to #5291935)
Subject: RE: Spraying in the wind.....

West Tennessee
Thanks for bringing back that post Poverty Acres. I do believe it's possible to not drift in certain conditions that others may not think possible. "Here" it's tough because we ALWAYS have terraces and other obstacles that force the booms higher and then we know problems can happen.

Jim, we've been forced to spray in the wind before when it was too high. We've also sprayed in the mud and other conditions that weren't advisable. We sprayed gramoxone yesterday after a shower and with no sun. Not sure how that will work out but it had to be done. I will say that I would respect my neighbor as much as possible. Had a field one time that a nice older guy had a super looking garden. He always stood right beside the field when I sprayed. It was a small field and I decided that it wasn't worth my trouble to have to go past it and come back on some days. I don't begrudge him because he had a right not to have his garden killed. That isn't an answer to your situation just my ramblings. I personally would never say anything to anyone because I always figure I'll be the one next time to damage something. A lot of my friends are the same way. If someone damaged crops all the time I would get tired of that for sure.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)