AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What chores do your kids have to do?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 5/1/2016 23:17 (#5277051 - in reply to #5276733)
Subject: RE: What chores do your kids have to do?

just a tish NE of central ND
I don't think there is a right answer.....they learned to do them all..kids like responsibility for the most part so give them some....
IDK, as we raised our kids we had them with us on many tasks and they watched and would grab hold and pitch right in....We are very pleased with the outcome....Some would point out that that is wrong...Others we know would set their kids to do livestock chores but not let them run machinery..I always heard the (machinery is too expensive to take that risk.(BS...) . well, you guessed it, they never got to learn that skill and it was hard when the had to take on that responsibility in short order.I guess let them learn as much as they can and give them a little responsibility and work with then....GIVE them lots of SUPPORT and pointers and safety rules and pointers....DO. NOT make them a dirty job slave while you go do something easy with expensive machinery or they will resent it for life.Ive got to admit they can turn out to be good people (and did)but Im sure they felt left out many times at the same time.

Edited by School Of Hard Knock 5/1/2016 23:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)