AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What type of mixer wagon?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

lacockcattleco
Posted 3/20/2016 09:19 (#5187894 - in reply to #5187714)
Subject: RE: What type of mixer wagon?

N.E. MT
We have had 2 4-auger harsh and 1 supreme 1200ttm and 1 Schuler ms1050.
The Schuler has the fewest hours but has been the most trouble. We have rebuilt one planetary, the speed decreaser, and as of the other day the other planetary locked up. Haven't got a chance to dig into it yet. New planetary is 12k new speed gearbox was 5k. The parts to rebuild them are about 25% of that. This mixer truck only has 7k hours on the mixer, max, it does a very good job mixing but reliability has been very poor.
The supreme had 10k hours when we got it, new augers and new s.s. Liners. Has 14k hours now and we haven't done anything to it. I've heard when you do have problems with these they can get expensive but so far it has been the most reliable truck we have. Mixing is ok, we are careful to dump feed right in the middle as it doesn't move from each auger very well.
The harsh is a 900 and has been good. New chains every few years and a planetary rebuild costs about 1,500 in parts. It is an easy job to rebuild this one. It isn't near as big of capacity. Haven't had to do augers yet as they were new along with Ss liners when we got it. They have a lot of years but we only use in the winter not year round. The harsh breaks down on occasion but usually it's a cheap fix. Chain, bearing or something simple.
All the trucks have digistar scales no problems with them.
Our custom grinder charges 235/hr and grinds about 60-70t an hour. He runs our tractor and can grind unsupervised which is very handy. I think he does a great job and I don't want to try owning a big grinder. The big grinder Does a much better job than a bale processor but in a pinch that would work we grind a lot of hay so it would take days of the week to use that method your situation may differ.
An other questions shoot me an email if you want to.

Edited by lacockcattleco 3/20/2016 09:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)