AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Snowballs have better chances
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Since1889
Posted 3/19/2016 13:17 (#5186253 - in reply to #5186107)
Subject: RE: Snowballs have better chances

S Mn
pknoeber - 3/19/2016 11:46

Heck people give 250000 for 5 acres with a house and a machine shed on just to live in the country and u get allot more with that place.

Not to be a jerk... but 850K-250K = $600K additional debt to service. That's not a number to sneeze at. Lots of guys are going to re-learn that lesson. Lot of guys have that in their bank account, but amazingly enough, they're all like you. "I've got it, but I'm not going to risk it."

Not to be a jerk either but how does just a house and a machine shed make payments on a farm site? At least with a livestock facility you would have some cash flow.

So go buy the 250000 dollar building site with comparable house and one shed then build a 900 head cattle facility your gonna get within shooting distance of what they want for that place and you dont have near the infrastructure this place comes with.

My point on this whole deal was that for a young guy with some guts that wants to feed cattle the place had allot of potential.

For a young guy that wants to feed cattle coming from a neighboring farm family with any backing and help with land for manure and feed its a HUGE opportunity.

Unless your the type with no personal ambitions thats ok with livin in mom and dads basement and dad is ok with letting you build a barn on his home site and then give you the whole works when they move on i dont see how you can get that much value for allot less $$

Seriously tho in your opinion whats the place worth?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)