AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bull attack
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

D15 II
Posted 3/19/2016 12:11 (#5186138 - in reply to #5185726)
Subject: RE: Bull attack

southeastern Indiana
Bout 40 years ago we had a Simmetal bull get over on neighbor Billys side of the fence.It was about 95 degrees that day. There was 4 of us getting him back over. When we had him up in the barnyard he got pissed and took turns charging and chasing all of us. It was kinda comical for a minute (i was about 21 and unafraid) (dumb) then he got really serious. Dad was on top the woodshed and Billy jumped on the hood of his 630 Deere. The bull was then about 15 feet behind me. I ran into the outhouse and slammed the door too hard and it bounced backopen.The bull had horns and couldnt get all theway in. As he was twisting his head and snorting hot snot all over me, Billy rams him sideway with the 630 saving my life. Ive been around livestock all my life and never been so scared before or since. I never got near That bull again. Funny thing is- Dad said that the next day he walked him out of the lot by himself and was scratching him on his back! Dad said it was just the heat. I wanted him to sell the sob, but he wouldnt. Dad had the bull 3 more years and never any trouble. I never ever got within 500 feet of him again. Dad understood cattle like no one else, but he wasnt the one in the poopshack. I was. LOL!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)