AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Box vs CCS.....again......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

1156versatile
Posted 3/13/2016 14:45 (#5173580 - in reply to #5173001)
Subject: RE: Box vs CCS.....again......

Strathcona, mn
Every post on here has valid points. I personally have a 32r30 Kinze 3800 box planter. I pull it with a 350hp versatile on 18.4x46 duals. I pull a 230bu aircart behind it to band dry fertilizer. We plant when we are perpetually wet, I don't want a ccs planter. In dry firm conditions a ccs planter would be the ticket. When it's wet they suck. The tractor starts to pull hard and spin then the ccs planter sinks out of sight. I have box extensions but don't fill full when planting corn. Heck a bag in each box does 80 acres. When planting beans we fill full. You don't ahve to fill a ccs planter fill but it'd suck to only put 50 units of beans in there at a time. I use bags for corn seed and bulk for beans. I can fill the planter by myself in about 25 minutes so time savings would be minimal. It does suck to clean out when you get down to the end. If planting seed beans it'd be a pain. I don't plant seed beans so we go till the boxes are pretty empty and then dump and go. I like to have the ability to split the planter btw two varieties and stripe a field for on farm variety checks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)