AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Coyote crap
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

mn2
Posted 3/13/2016 07:55 (#5172777 - in reply to #5172617)
Subject: RE: Coyote crap

Big Swede - 3/12/2016 23:59

This is a new one on me but here goes. My cousin told me the other night they had 6 or 7 late term abortions at the start of the calving season. He talked to his vet and the vet told him there is a bacteria in coyote crap that will cause abortions. My neighbor had two heifers abort today and he asked his vet, a different one about the coyote crap theory and he said yes that it was certainly possible and has heard of it happening.

Has anyone heard of this? A few friends and I killed at least 100 dogs this winter in a relatively small area and I know my cousin killed that many too but it obviously wasn't enough. What next?
that's interesting. We've had 2 late term abortions this spring. Coyotes run thru the cows, had unthrifty calf die by tire feeder, coyotes had it 1/4 cleaned up next morning. M sons hunting group to 102 coyotes this winter also. Group to the south over 100 also. Talked to an dnr official said once their established you can thin them but numbers keep coming back. Would donkeys help. Thanks, have a great calving season!!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)