AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dead calf
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

JJS87
Posted 3/4/2016 21:45 (#5155881)
Subject: Dead calf

I have a cow that calved last year we were gone and person watching cows said this cow had a dead calf. I know it was cold and no one was there when she calved so thought something else probly happened. So fast forward to this year she acts like she is ready to calve last night I pen her up thinking she will calve check cows at 2am she is still doing nothing check again this morning she still isn't doing anything but acts close so nice day turn the cows out in small lot check again at noon she is just starting to calve come back an hour later not much progress run her in go in calf has one leg back get it right and put chains on and get calf out really no big deal but calf comes out dead. I know crap happens but two in a row makes a person wonder if something else is going on. Calf looks normal no swelling or anything out of the ordinary. Any ideas. She has been a good cow and produced calves fine till the last two years. She is a seven year old so these aren't her first calves. Any ideas?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)