AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Highline bale processors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

mikejd4020
Posted 3/3/2016 21:18 (#5153629 - in reply to #5153557)
Subject: RE: Highline bale processors

Bainville, MT
My neighbor has one.

He has the 650 with fine cut rotor and grain tank.

What he did was feed calves in bottomless bunks. The grain tank held about 35 bushels.

The grain tank is ran very similarly to an older flexicoil grain cart like used on an air seeder.

Has a powered clutch. Then another clutch so the grain tank doesn't engage while backing up.

This configuration uses lots and lots of power. I think he had it hooked to a case 215 cvt if spinning bale fast it would bring tractor to its knees.

It did seem to crack half to two thirds of the whole corn he ran through it and cut hay into 4-6 inch pieces.. Did I mention it took a lot of power?..

The only problem I recall was that at one point a bunch of net wrap got all mixed up in the chain on the back wheel of the processor that turned into a mess.

The metering system was like so many pounds per foot of travel, and just like an air drill it depended on the density of the product being fed. I thought it was a fair to partly sunny system.

Now Greg,, I don't know you, but as an avid member of ag talk for 4 years, I've read plenty of your posts. Knowing you what little I do, I think you will bitch to no-end about one feature or another on the processor. Your give a ****tier is not broke, the rest of us have a fairly destroyed one.

I think if your looking for something to spread bedding and feed cows get a processor. If your looking for an accurate system for feeding calves get a mixer wagon.

For everyone that's not Greg and looking at adding 5-10 pounds of grain give or take to the hay you are feeding this will work fine.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)