AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybean treatment best bang for the buck
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

prairieag
Posted 1/25/2016 18:43 (#5063520 - in reply to #5063432)
Subject: RE: Soybean treatment best bang for the buck

Norstman asked the question but didn't say were he is from. I am a consultant in Minnesota. U of Mn over several years and many locations has showed seed treatments in our environment to pay 25-40% of the time. I think we in the north actually have less replant problems overall than those in the central corn belt for whatever reason. A partner of mine does a couple dozen soybean variety trials per year and has done so over 20 years. His long term analysis is 50-50 response to fungicide and nothing to insecticide, No way overall does the 50% of the trials that respond pay for all the trials that don't. Net loss to farmer for seed treatment. I have done stand evaluations in central Minnesota for 30 years on 15-20,000 acres per year. I can count on one hand the replants that a seed treatment would have prevented. Its always something else, mostly planter/operator related and never a full replant, just plant a lower rate over the top.
Only guy in my area that makes a buck long term on seed treatment is the dealer. Buy up your crop insurance if that is what you think seed treatment is. Don't get me started on neo-nics. IMHO
Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)