AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Billing Issue - Shop Supplies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kabota19
Posted 1/6/2016 00:02 (#5014677 - in reply to #5012204)
Subject: RE: Billing Issue - Shop Supplies

North Central Idaho
Fierce Sparrow - 1/4/2016 17:39

I've been running my own shop for better than 40 years. Worked at 2 franchised dealers during and immediately after college. Received My NIASE certification in 1975. Dairy farmed with my wife at the same time until 2 years ago when we sold the cows and just cash crop now. Started the shop as a supplement to the dairy farm. Started at $10.00 per hr. Never got over $40.00 per hr. which is where I am now. I'm generally pretty busy with established customers. STRICTLY cash and carry. NO CREDIT! If you can't pay for the job, I'll watch TV instead. I started charging $10.00 misc. shop supplies after about 2 years of business. Any job over a billable hour gets the charge.

Very interesting how you have kept up with inflation relatively close ($10 in '75 > $44 est now)

I have been running my own part time welding/repair/precison Ag shop for about 10 years now and it really has given me a different view to both sides of the argument, as such I really have come to understand the shop supplies charge a lot more. One month we might go thru $50 in supplies and the next it can be closer to $2000, both months having similar billable hours, I try to charge more along the lines of what we use on the project because I don't think that a blanket % is fair all the time.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)