AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Billing Issue - Shop Supplies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

redblooded
Posted 1/4/2016 21:18 (#5011411 - in reply to #5011275)
Subject: RE: Billing Issue - Shop Supplies

Shelburne Ontario Canada
I guess as a mechanic i blast at any that Get peed off because they come in shop an find me reading an article i found wen i googled how to shim a forward hydraulic clutch on a 685 cause the intructions i found in book are vauge . Or i am on phone with a guy i have known all my life asking question if he knows anything special about wat i workin at . If i screw up an customer finds out all i would have had to do is ask some one else they are just as mad or worse. With new models every 2-5 yrs since 1975 how can some one know everything . Shop manuals are extremely needed . Put one seal in with grease on it that needs installed dry u soon wish u would have read a book ten minutes more!! As far as shop supplys if u had a tranny explosion and u wash trans out with a can and a half of varsol or 2gal deisel fuel bill it! If i do wiring say fix light connections and i use a hand full of butt connects an shrink tube and such i bill as electro connects and such need for light redo. If i use one quick crimp electric connect to fix altenator wire while doin oil change it likely wont show on bill. Same with parts cleaner u clean new filters with to write on the engine hrs. The odd time if there was quite a bit of little stuff , wee bit silicone here , 1/4can parts kleene, 10squirts lube spray, 5/16 nut for a loose bolt, stuff thats not worth adding as parts i throw an extra hr on . My parts markup ,labour rate as a one man show, are to make payments on my house , my truck, my shop, and also my tools . So it very hard to soak up all cleaners , silicone, and stuff that really adds up at 15bucks a can
And the tractor that always come out of fuel wen it needs some time on dyno and u get extremely cursed out wen u bill 5gal of fuel cause u were using it not him.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)