AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

179 deduction - email your Congressman/Senator
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

zmracing
Posted 12/15/2015 09:25 (#4961138 - in reply to #4960648)
Subject: RE: 179 deduction - email your Congressman/Senator

west central MN

You brought up a lot of good points about 179 and some good reasons to not use it however I would say there are times when it can work out real good and can be very useful. If someone doesn't want to use 179 they sure don't need too, so I don't see where it hurts anyone by having a high limit for 179 expenses. If someone uses 179 in a way they shouldn't it really isn't much different then if the same person goes out and pays way more rent then will cash flow. Either way he is putting his own operation at risk. Not having it available for any one because some people are not going to use it right doesn't seem to make any sense for me. In the end the taxes will still have to get paid on all income so it isn't a big expense to the government.

I think we also should bring up the fact that we have basically been told for most of the year that we will have higher limits for the 179 purchases. I think the senates bill has the $500,000 limits and it is suppose to be for 2 years. I think the house bill is very similar except it is permanent so we wouldn't have to go through this every year. If congress is going to let us believe all year that we will  have it why wait until the last few days to make people worry about it? Some of us have made our tax plans out assuming that we would be able to use the higher limits like congress promised us. I made some cash purchases that I would have probable financed and then sold less grain if I had thought there might be a change to what congress had told us.

Edited by zmracing 12/15/2015 09:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)