AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Baling corn stalks (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

jtpfarm
Posted 10/21/2015 20:18 (#4851316 - in reply to #4850479)
Subject: RE: Baling corn stalks (pics)

mn
4450deereman - 10/21/2015 08:57

I have a BR7070 with 975 bales on it (bought it new) and have never been able to get it to pick up a windrow that nice. I've adjusted the pickup multiple times and cannot get anywhere near that clean of a field. It is the slowest baling baler we have ever had on the farm ( had both John Deere and Vermeer) but makes nice bales. I too have a plugging issue, run the rpm's at 2000 and go in the second slowest gear a 4240 quad range has. Any tips on what your doing different?

The way the baler works has ALOT to do with the windrow (I assume you know that). If you have the wide pickup on that baler, NH designed the stuffer so all the fingers were inline. That has a lot to do with plugging. Deere has a spiral design on the stuffer which makes it feed much smoother.

We have a 660 and 664 NH. I run 6th gear in the 4240 and 14th in the 7800 on those balers in corn stalks running the engines about 1750 rpms. We timed it tonight on 230 bales and did a bale very 68 seconds per baler. If you have to bale as slow as you are, something is definitely wrong. One thing that makes a big difference in cornstalks is to set the wind guard so the end of the fingers are not laying on the pickup. Leave a good 3 inch gap. Otherwise the wind guard will actually stop the flow until a big enough pile gets in. We have in the past baled stalks without it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)