AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Conservation Stewardship Program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

daddycal
Posted 9/13/2015 15:01 (#4786828 - in reply to #4786818)
Subject: RE: Conservation Stewardship Program

Montana
We have always prided ourselves on doing a great job of environmental Stewardship and were recognized for that in Montana in 1999. Dave White told me that we would be perfect for the Rangeland reserve Program and when the program came into availability, Montana NRCS used it to pay their friends not to subdivide in places near Bozeman and other growing population centers.
I had to break out the rangeland and crop it to get disaster assistance. When they did the pilot program for rangeland loss insurance, They only allowed Counties in Montana With an Indian Reservation, even though our ranch had a full analysis of rangeland potential. We were flagship standard to identify loss and the politicians avoided us to fill the pockets of their supporters.
I later learned that Conrad Burns had been lobbied by Abramoff and the Native American Reservations and that is why they only allowed counties with Reservation land.
Montana is facing some real nasty politics as they try to turn this State into a playground for the rich.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)