AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What will be the greater return on investment? Dryer or precisionAg
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

R52
Posted 6/17/2015 14:06 (#4632015 - in reply to #4632004)
Subject: RE: What will be the greater return on investment? Dryer or precisionAg

Piedmont NC
HeyhayJCM - 6/17/2015 14:58

I must debate back. I disagree.
I only raise 300 acres of grain (we are primarily hay farmers?) But buying a combine was the best move I ever made.
35.00 an acre on 200 acres is 7,000.00 a year you are paying out.
Don't go buy any combine. Search till u find a CHERRY combine. One that will need NOTHING for a couple years except oil changes. Something that u can find parts for in any scrap yard. Something that is popular and a hobby farmer will drool over. You can find the whole machine for 10 grand easy. ..heads included. Spend time going over it with ur buddies in the off season. Buy them a 12 pack of beer or some sweet tea if you don't drink beer...have fun with it.
Many say combines are money traps....iI really don't think so. My 8560 massey cost me almost nothing. ..I've had it 3 years...fixed it up...and now dairy farmers actually stop at my house and ask if they can buy it.
You will harvest your grain on your own schedule and haul it on your own schedule and that factor alone will pay dividends.
I'm not saying your other ideas are wrong...I've just saying a combine is something to look at too.
Josh Moorefield

I agree. Last year was the first year I owned a combine. It was nice getting the crop out on my schedule. The year before a third of my beans were combined the last week of February.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)