AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

turbo max. The good,bad,ugly
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

youngsekfarmer
Posted 4/21/2015 08:18 (#4528849 - in reply to #4528462)
Subject: RE: turbo max. The good,bad,ugly

Elsmore, Kansas
When the turbo till came out we bought one and pulled it for yrs as we really liked it and the seedbed it provided. When the turbo max came out we traded and its a damn good machine. Comparing only those two machines the max moves a ton more dirt and does an exceptional job at exactly what its designed to do, size residue and move a LITTLE dirt. Now as we are in yr 3 with the max I have learned a few things. ITS HEAVY! Don't put it on wet or very damp soil as it will pack it down badly. It makes an AWESOME SEEDBED. No other machine on the market will provide the seedbed it does IMHO. It does a very GOOD job on little weeds but if they develop any root at all it gets very few. I have been someone all along who has said that I really believe in the turbo max and I still think if u want to work dirt its the rite machine but as of today for me if I can get a strip till machine bought I will no longer pull the Max again. Have a neighbor that strip tills and after the last 10 days with 4" of rain his fields have the corn up and going good and mine which were Maxed have pooling water and the corn is having a hell of a time getting going. I'm thinking my corn will make it up as it was all sprouted before we got swampy but stands are definitely gonna be cut back a little. Hope this helps and if u have any question my email is good.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)