AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn versus Milo in crop rotation with cotton
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Milo2.0
Posted 7/26/2014 09:18 (#3986545 - in reply to #3985239)
Subject: RE: Corn versus Milo in crop rotation with cotton

Not to question your thoughts on glyphosate kill on your sorghum dpltfarmer, but I grow milo in the central panhandle of Texas and we had wide spread milo sickness and even kill that looked very much like glyphosate kill, but test came back for the most part negative. Only isolated turn rows such as you may be talking came back as chemical damage. Something else, that so far agronomist and pathologist cannot agree upon killed thousands of acres of milo from Lubbock to Kansas with the bullseye east of Amarillo. Some fields were up to 4 inches tall lush and green and all of a sudden turned purple, then reddish/orange, dried up and died within a week. Some fields were individual plants were stunted and just did not grow, while the plant next to it was growing without an issue. It was a mess and occurred the last 10 days of June, so we scrambled to replant. I traveled south to Lubbock and observed what I thought looked like similar looking sickness in many fields along the way. Frustrated with milo this year!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)