AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Markets, the weather and human nature
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

msb
Posted 6/7/2008 10:37 (#392295)
Subject: Markets, the weather and human nature

Lapel, In
The talk on the boards all spring was about the impending drought. Well I think we can count that out at least for now. And the talk for 2 years now is about the bottom falling out of the grain market. We are a pessimistic bunch aren't we.
Why is it life never seems to deal us what we think are the most likely of possibilities ? Maybe it pays to be that one contrarian in the bunch ?

As I see it, there is very little chance for the markets to tank considering all the problems this spring. Not all the corn acreage got planted,cold weather zapped some of it and now flooding and drowned out fields. No way are we going to raise enough corn to satisfy the demand. $10 corn ? Don't count it out.

Beans are not escaping the wrath of nature either with lots of beans left to be planted in many areas. And drowned out fields that will mean even more late planting and lower yields that come with that . And if you believe in rainfall averages, then a late summer drought is still not out of the question. Selling ahead? NO way ! Maybe I have some Missouri blood in me ? I say, SHOW ME ! Options to protect the bottom side? I would not waste my time or money.
Oh by the way, storms the last two nights again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)