AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 9430 acting up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

deereman
Posted 5/14/2014 08:10 (#3869472 - in reply to #3869143)
Subject: RE: JD 9430 acting up

NE SD
I have a 9430 also. The previous owner I bought it from said both fuel pumps were replaced right before I bought it and I don't think he had a chance to even run it after pumps were replaced. It had about 500 hours and he said pumps were covered under warranty. After running tractor for just a few days it started acting up also just like you claim yours does. I replaced both filters also (not cheap). This kinda seemed to help and it was not a problem that would shut us down from working so we never looked into it real hard.
After a while we noticed a pattern that it would not do it if fuel tank was over half full. I was asking my dealer and they also were at a loss. A guy on ag-talk here said there is a screen inside the fuel tank on very bottom that the main fuel line sucks from. The shop foreman said there was no screen in there or did not believe there was.
On a rainy day we drained tank and sure enough there was a screen and it was plugged nearly tight with black gooey stuff. Not algea and not sure what it was. Took 1 minute to clean and reinstalled it and tractor has not missed a beat for over 1000 hrs since. I believe those pumps they replaced were not the problem and they were also very very expensive.
And also I think when fuel tank was more on the full side that there was enough pressure to help get it through plugged screen.
Not saying this is your problem but mine acted the same way and if all else fails its something to check.
Good luck

Edited by deereman 5/14/2014 08:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)