AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help!!--how much case drain for vac motors--1770nt
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

cprogers6468
Posted 5/13/2014 21:36 (#3868879)
Subject: Help!!--how much case drain for vac motors--1770nt

Still having some issues with 8420 and planter. I have confirmed that everything is hooked up correctly. I'm beginning to wonder if it is my vac motors that are the issue. When i flow rate my case drain on the right motor i got over 1.5 gal a minute on the left motor and .75 gal on the right motor, and the ccs fan motor barely a trickle...when sitting in the yard running everything except variable rate motors for 1 minute i got roughly 2-2.4 gal of case drain(2 samples). Now it seemed like to me that the vac motors weren't going fast enough and i couldn't load the seed cells to get an accurate measure of vacuum pressure so i'm not 100% sure. When i read in my 8420 book it says that the case drain into the sump port is supposed to less than 1.7 gal a minute or i'll throw the clean oil reservoir code and once i turn vac motors up i eventually throw the code and shuts everything down. Also for hydraulic purposes and performance wise, what rpms should this 8420 be running to keep up with everything??
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)