AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Autosteer prices?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Herbie56
Posted 5/13/2014 21:33 (#3868868 - in reply to #3868728)
Subject: RE: Autosteer prices?

Coles County, Illinois
All the Raven displays will run Auto-Steer.

Raven's Viper 4 is their Super deluxe model with a really big screen It has the ability to allow an operator to customize what's displayed on each page. I don't have one so I won't get into it's features.

Next step down is the Envisio Pro series. Screen size is half the Viper's size and you're limited to what they decide to put on a screen. Lots of versions but this is Raven's fully expandable/ upgradeable model. It'll run variable rate application, control planter population, yield monitoring, sprayer boom height and more. The Envisio Pro II has a Dual frequency receiver so it can be upgraded to Omnistar, RTK, and soon TerraStar -D which competes with Trimble's Centerpoint RTX. These are different accuracy solutions.

The Cruizer II is Raven's entry level display. It will not do variable rate and is a WAAS only single frequency receiver. So accuracy is limited to 6"-8" most of the time. This is quite acceptable for general tillage if fact it's quite a bit better than anyone operating my equipment. Screen size is just enough to get the job done. It will run some scaled down operations like automatic boom shutoff and yield monitoring but memory resources are stretched to the max. Still a lot a bang for the buck.

Slingshot is Raven's Cell based data transceiver. It can supply RTK corrections from most systems except Deere's (I think). It also has the ability to transmit data to remote locations. One could send yield data directly to fertilizer suppliers. Store and access guidance lines in a central location. It also would allow a dealer to remotely fine tune or troubleshoot Raven's components.

Edited by Herbie56 5/13/2014 21:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)