AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

jd tractor techs--8420 hyd help--part 2...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

NMJDAms
Posted 5/12/2014 13:42 (#3865903 - in reply to #3865757)
Subject: RE: jd tractor techs--8420 hyd help--part 2...

I think your problem has to do with your motor returns. I might need a little be more information. The motor return running to case drain is throwing me off. I assume you mean your case drain motor lines are running to the sump port, which would be correct. Does scv 1 and scv 2 have hoses connected in both pressure and return? If that is correct I believe that may be your problem. The return side does not need to be ran back into the scv. There is a dual motor return kit that can be installed. Running the return back into the scv with two motors will not allow the oil to get back through the system fast enough with two motors running. The dual motor return will drop the oil back into the system at the filter instead of having to go back through the differential. I would connect your case drain lines to sump. Variable rate to power beyond pressure and motor return coupler. Install dual motor return kit and run scv 1 pressure to vac motor and scv 2 pressure to vac motor and run both of there returns to the dual return couplers. If the code comes on, you can verify that the clean oil reservoir is actually empty by looking in your oil level sight glass. If it is WAY over full the clean oil reservoir is empty and all of your oil is in the differential housing. I also have seen the secondary hydraulic pump on the right hand side of the tractor cause this issue with internal leakage. I would try different connections on your planter first though.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)