AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

End of the Currency Bubble
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

buckshot
Posted 5/27/2008 21:52 (#385912 - in reply to #385505)
Subject: RE: End of the Currency Bubble

Pat H - 5/27/2008 09:14

buckshot - 5/26/2008 22:20

i believe you have the answer to the problem that the country has found its self in, but you will find that a lot of the farmers on this forum have been supported by the taxpayers in the form of subsidies and so forth that they now feel they entitled to freebies,therefore i doubt that you will find much support here unless there is a free carrot for the bto's

Speaking as a less than BTO and pork producer... I think the goal of the subsidies was food price stabilization almost against market forces. One result, in some cases, was supporting business practices that would fail otherwise. Though I like my family farm and work towards growth and feel future farms will be bigger every year, I really hope farming doesn't become a totally high risk based activity more safely played on a ninetendo. Government policy shouldn't move us away or toward this - the market it should. The checks were nice at times and they were the 'only game in town' for a while - we could argue whose fault that was, but I'm pretty sure most of us farmers would rather operate outside gov't interference. I see the only need for gov't $ is to pay for their mandates - if they are going to tell me what to do, they can assume the risk and pay for it. Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Pat
yes, i understand your thoughts
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)