AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Strip Till Corn on Corn Pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 4/28/2014 14:21 (#3841594 - in reply to #3841557)
Subject: RE: Strip Till Corn on Corn Pics

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Drbrown - 4/28/2014 14:02 I like the looks of it. We aeroway also in the spring (too hilly to do it in fall). We are also doing the strip till this year (spring again). Any tips?

I run my Aerway in corn stalks in the spring as I graze my corn all winter. I let the ground settle for a week or so and hopefully a rain then go in between the old, still-visible corn rows with my Pluribus strip till bar.  The Aerway is usually in one of the middle positions as far as the angle of the gangs.

Aerway has a couple different models, the lighter lower cost model requires wrenches to change the angle of the gangs. I strongly recommend going with the heavier model with the easy pin adjust on the angle change.

A Pluribus customer in flat central IL in some very high yielding CoC runs his Aerway in the fall. I did Aerway my silage corn last fall as it was heavily compacted after the chopping and bagging with full wagons etc driving all over.  The 8" deep pock mark holes in this field have not washed on my clay hillside over the winter.  But I usually run my Aerway in the spring, a week or two ahead Pluribus strip till pass.

Jim at Dawn

Edited by Jim 4/28/2014 15:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)