AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well, I don't need to spend as much as I thought
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

easymoney
Posted 3/25/2014 09:25 (#3775006 - in reply to #3766919)
Subject: RE: I own one that is advertised as

ecmn
on a trail snowmobile that I built for a guy and he had it track dyno'd engine at roughly 160 hp had just over 100 hp at the track.

on my speed sled we are at about 3 lbs per hp. but as in efficient as a track is to turn, its a lot less parasitic losses then a car, my clutches only weigh a few lbs, the belt, chain, gears only weigh lbs, drive shafts are lbs and small diameter. the track is only about 30 lbs with studs.

if I can get hp closer to 260+ out of that little 1 litter engine and loose a couple lbs I could expect to see a 9. flat or even break into the 8's next year. I don't have the brute hp that a car does so my et will be similar but my mph would be down from a car.

and air, over 100 mph on a sled the air is the biggest power robber, but compared to the massive amount of air a car has to push the power to weight isn't so bad.

look at what a car at the same hp to weight ratio has to turn for a drive line, the weight of the crank and internal engine parts, power to run valve train, fuel pump, ignition, how heavy is the flywheel and torque converter, planetary packs in the tranny, drive shaft, diff, and massive rear tires.

a sled with the cvt even though not as efficient as a manual tranny is the perfect drag setup. never at any point is power of engine reduced to the track because of a shift.

I can see on the GTECH if I have a bad clutch setup, instead of a smooth line it will have dips and spikes, it doesn't effect et to much but it will scrub mph off.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)