AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Circling headlands with EZ Steer/Boom - How To
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

benc
Posted 6/10/2013 12:03 (#3148031 - in reply to #3148003)
Subject: Re: Circling headlands with EZ Steer/Boom - How To

SE Michigan
Yes headland passes are done manually, with two exceptions. I have one field that is very low on each end and I plant the low areas cross ways so I can harvest the high area if it get real wet at harvest time and I can leave the low area without harvesting till later. This cross way planting is several rounds and I have an A-B line for the cross way planting. One end is next to a woods and there is no way it can be drained. Any area next to woods gets more headland passes, six or eight passes except for this one field which get more.

I have found that different fields require different mode of action for the GPS to work for me, but you may have a different reaction in your field.

I forgot to mention that my GPS stores the A-B lines by number so I created a cheat sheet with the field name and the A-B line number so it is easy to get the correct A-B line. I have 3 tractors and a combine with GPS and use the Laptop to down load and upload the A-B lines so that every unit has the same A-B lines.

Edited by benc 6/10/2013 12:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)