AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven liquid control valve speed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/11/2013 11:37 (#3092591 - in reply to #3092456)
Subject: Re: Raven liquid control valve speed

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
ernie48 - 5/11/2013 08:53

I have the same problem and tried to get answer from Raven. They don't reply. I havent sprayed yet this year but have been going manual when going around field then it is OK to leave on auto. For me the problem is when doing corners ect, when starting from dead stop. It sounds to me that setting the minimum flow rate would fix it, but not sure how to set that.

Many of the keys on modern Raven 440's etc have a second meaning or purpose. These secondary meanings are not always explained in the owners manual. This is where a good dealer comes in. If you hold certain keys for a long time, a flashing number will appear. When that happens you are observing the secondary meaning for that key.

To observe and/or change the Low Limit, press and hold the Vol/min key until you see a flashing number. This number (most likely zero) is the current low limit. This number can be increased to create a "floor" as far as the low end is concerned. This number represents the low limit in Gallons/Minute (Note: not gallons/acre).

With a low limit value other than zero, the system behaves as usual and attempts to apply the target rate under normal conditions. If you slow down, the system will respond as before by reducing the flow in an attempt to apply the correct target rate. If you continue to slow down, the low limit will eventually be reached and the system will not reduce the flow below this number. The system will beep and you will see the words Low Limit or -LL- on the display. At that time you will be overapplying. If you continue to spray and speed up, eventually the flow demands will exceed the low limit value and the beeping will stop.

To determine the Low Limit value you can use a trial & error method. While spraying under normal conditions check the Vol/min. Then set the Low Limit somewhat below this value and try it.

Another way is to use a tip chart and see what the vol/min is per tip at your lowest tolerable pressure. Multiply that number by the number of tips. This value is the low limit for that sprayer. Try entering in that number and check operation.

Edited by tedbear 5/11/2013 11:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)