AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven liquid control valve speed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

hf213
Posted 5/10/2013 20:13 (#3091571 - in reply to #3089960)
Subject: Re: Raven liquid control valve speed

Here is some more data for you guys,
I have the Brown Turbo TeeJet tips TT-11005 VP, on 20" spacings, 3/4" Quickjet diaphragm nozzles,, all booms are 3/4" plumbing, and fed evenly in middle of booms, I have target rated of 15-16 GPA, and can maintain that easily after the momentary quick start.
The boom valves are TeeJet 450 series and have boom strainers 50M 3/4" TeeJet Line strainers., and the valves are fed with 1" from pump after a self cleaning Tee Jet strainer, On the shut off question, it shuts off fine as well as all nozzles pretty much immediately. You guys got me thinking about plumbing, but I feed each boom in the center and now that I think about it, the center boom outer nozzles dont seem to be a problem, and not sure on the LH outer boom outer 2 nozzles, because I am Right handed, and switchbox is on RH side of cab...so I am always watching out the RH corner of cab more than anywhere else but I do constantly scan all over once up to speed....but I always try and start my perimeters of the fields making left hand turns.
Tedbear, I am going to play with some water in my shop lot with your numbers, since that is quick and easy. Also my standby ( pump ) pressure when booms are off, prepping for "takeoff :-) " runs right at 100 psi, then drops to around the 30-40 psi range depending on speed....but the rate seems to be dead on and I come out correct or dang close with the amount of water and chemical I am targeting for....

It also seems like it does drop to like 20 lbs pump pressure and then recovers to rate within that 1-2 seconds, and tractor is jumping to speed, now granted I am not pulling out holeshots, but I am very similar in starting out like the commercial boys with the Apaches, JD's and GVM's.....and also the nozzle pattern is weak too because that pressure is down to 20 lbs.....

I like the idea about the switching to manual then to rate, but I am afraid I will get too forgetful about not setting back to rate 1 or 2, but if thats what it takes, its just a learning curve to overcome.

I had intentions of adding 10 ft to each side to make 80 ft width, since both my planters are 40 ft wide, but definitely will wait to see if we can work this bug out.

THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLIES SO FAR !!!!
Rog
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)