AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dumb••s card
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/10/2013 07:05 (#3090383 - in reply to #3088724)
Subject: RE: Dumb••s card

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
batcat - 5/9/2013 10:30

I earned my card this morning. I could not figure out why the planter always started running at full speed whenever it was down unless I turned the master switch off. I kept blaming the Integra. Finally realized I had set a manual speed of 5 mph while testing a fert pump and forgot to change it back. Have no idea how many acres I planted that way. Luckily I always tried to plant at 5 mph.

Here's my card!

This has happened to many of us. We have made suggestions to Ag Leader that the system could alert the operating by occasionally flashing a warning message - "Manual Ground speed in use - Is this what you want?" I wouldn't think this would be very difficult to add to the programming. If the operator did actually want to run in Manual speed (very unlikely except for testing purposes) then he would disregard the message. Apparently the "powers that be" don't see this as a worthwhile concept.

This is actually a bit better on the Intgera where the speed is always shown. On my Insights I usually have the speed displayed but might not. Of course this requires that the operator check the speed occasionally to see if it is realistic.

Many of us have experience with Raven products (440 etc.). On those devices, the test speed is cancelled once real speed is received. This approach can complicate testing if the rig should move a bit and test speed is cancelled when you were attempting to use it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)