AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Variety tracking with a Pro 600
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

notilltom
Posted 5/9/2013 17:35 (#3089208 - in reply to #3089118)
Subject: RE: Variety tracking with a Pro 600

Oswald No-Till Farm Cleghorn, IA
Does the Pro 600 have the software to recognize the tractor "A" post? If it does, you can use the EHR1 (first hydraulic valve) to control the mapping. I use this method with my 955 planter Early Riser monitor and the Magnum 215. My 1200 planter works through the Pro 700 directly.

I believe you need As Applied or Manual firmware in the Pro monitor to set up manual control products.

You will need to set up where the planter sectons are relative to the tractor in inches behind and how many inches off the center line of the tractor. With my planter it is about 120 inches behind and section 1 is -180" left of the center line(note the minus sign). My other section is 60" right of center (yours would be on centerline for the right section).

Using Torn's instructions, I have been able to map an 8-4 split with my 12 r planter and have nice stripes on my maps. You should be able too as well.

I would expect Torn to weigh in and tell you exactly what you need to do. You may have to update or add some firmware to the Pro 600.

You can also map where you use starter or insecticide.

Key point is that it does work but does take some work to set it up.

Best of luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)