AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just got this bill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 5/8/2013 21:19 (#3087677 - in reply to #3087570)
Subject: Re: Just got this bill

Saronville NE
Ok let me understand this right Play in the dirt, I have a 150hp tractor with 17k hrs that is paid for running the baler, that is far from overkill if you want to run 7+ mph in heavy vraked hay and any hills at all. The rake is 8 yrs old and payed for and has been rebuilt 3 times allready. The baler is only thing new. I didnt know a 115hp tractor was extreme overkill on a rake, the 8300 pry is, main reason we use it faster road gear and ALOT better lights at nite, run in 13th gear at idle and it sips fuel. The SP windrower may be overkill, but get more acres per hour done, and Dad refuses to run a PT with his back promblems. IDK what to tell ya.

To me your comment is along those lines with Henry Ford, they went to a prodiction line to be more efficent Im sure, but I truly dont understand what you mean about getting 2-3 times more money after doing it. How much have new or used Ford vehicles gone up in the last 14 yrs, this is the point plain and simple, expenses have gone up and rates have to go up, plain and simple. You arent buying feeeder cattle at 14yr ago prices or selling them at those prices, has any of your rent or feed expenses gone up in the last 14 yrs? Thats the whole point plain and simple, things have gotten higher and rates need to go with it. Ill be honest even if I was running 100% paid for junk, I wouldnt do it for 14 yr ago rates!

I quess I am dumb also and bad with money, hmm must be the reason my fincial statement, enterprise anylsis, and other ratios I use from the people doing our books that shows everything is going in the right direction, borrowed money dont bother me a bit if its working for me. I finally started looking at TRUE numbers and making the changes needed to make things work. Just cause a person does $100k gross a yr, doesnt mean they are making money, there are LOTS of numbers you need to add in the big picture to get TRUE costs of doing business. Are their people who can do it cheaper then me, Im sure their is, are they make a good enuff ROI to truly make it worth their while IDK. Everybody always says custom work is good cashflow, this is true, the question is, is it a POSITIVE cashflow, not just cashflow.

Edited by ahay68979 5/8/2013 21:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)