AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Intellislope and scraper
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

gpsdude
Posted 4/21/2013 15:44 (#3052756 - in reply to #3051161)
Subject: Re: Intellislope and scraper

NE South Dakota Clark, SD
I have not done this yet with Intellislope. Here are the limitations for ditching. Scrapers and most rotary ditchers raise up and down vs. pitch. Liebrecht rotary's are an exception as they pitch the cutting edge much like a tile plow. In theory you could use Autotile with a Liebrecht Rotary for ditching. I have not tried this yet, but here would be theoretical setup. Min Depth set to 0, Target Depth to a small number ie. 1 or 2 inches and Max depth to as deep as it has to be. I may have to try this on my simulator to see if these numbers will work without errors. As long as your cut depth was shallow this should work. However when you cannot take the cut in one pass, you would have to turn off control and run manual until you get down close to grade. On a scraper or most rotary's for ditching you would have to use Grade Control mode which is fixed grade like a laser. You would have to calculate these grades just like with a laser. In very flat terrain this should work OK. If you have varied terrain you would have to run manually or be constantly breaking grade when going up a hill to move as little soil as possible. Also be prepared to be killing your tractor as it tries to take too much depth at one time. As far as land leveling goes here is my opinion. Far small projects like a bin or building site Grade control mode could work. If you are trying to level a whole field, good luck.

Another alternative that you do not want to here is AGPS Pipe FM or Pro for your plow. AGPS Ditch Pro for ditching. It designs using optimum, minimum, and maximum depth as well as min slope. If you are going to be deeper than you can cut in one pass, use the cut/fill offset to raise. On the next pass drop the C/F offset 3/10 and make another pass through until you get to plan. For leveling AGPS Level for small projects and Shape Office to design full field leveling. This program balances cut and fill is possible so all the dirt stays in the field. Then load design into AGPS Dirt on your pans to do the work.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)