AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1993 Volvo integral sleeper-good/bad
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bob1968
Posted 11/28/2012 16:32 (#2721770 - in reply to #2721632)
Subject: RE: 1993 Volvo integral sleeper-good/bad

Have 2 day cab Volvos, '92 with 9 sp and 3176 at 325 hp, and '95 with 10 sp and M11 at 330 hp. Couldn't tell you the rear ratio in either. '92 has 800,000 miles and was bought cheap because of miles. I don't have any history on it although it pulled an oil tanker so it was spec'ed fairly light. '95 had 350,000 miles and was bought cheap because of short wb and spring ride. I prefer the M11 and 10 sp but the other one has air ride and rides nicer. Neither goes very far or very fast. All flat land. I've never had a load I couldn't pull out of the field and each will go 60+ with enough straight away. Cabs are still fairy tight for old trucks. Few Volvo parts I've bought seem high. Only issues I've had have been electrical. If I was going to drive 350 miles per day I think I'd look for a truck with a bit more power and definitely air ride. I don't mind hooking either Volvo to the dump trailer and dumping litter in the field where there is always a chance of flipping. Don't think I would want to do that with a fancy Pete.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)