AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Progressive farmer article
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

ricefarmer14
Posted 9/5/2012 23:20 (#2577320)
Subject: Progressive farmer article

East Arkansas
Just read an article called manage to grow in the latest issue...I love this stuff. After a day spent working on my combine which took most of my and my 3 employees day and after a summer chasing irrigation water which required more than a lot of rigging to make work I find this stuff laughable. Those farms that farm 10-15 thousand acres with Cfos and Operations managers and CEO,s who says " I don't go to the field really", he's afraid he'll get in the way!

I farm a lot but not nearly 15 thousand acres but I cannot even begin to think about "staying away from field operations", on my farm if I stayed away Im fairly sure that sometimes it wouldn't get done.

Am i a poor manager to think this way or am I missing something? Does anyone have real world experience with one of these farms this large that a actually works?

I have experience in other industries and am used to a corporate structure but I feel like my farm isn't ready and am quite sure few are. Appreciate the replys but may be slow responding because tomorrow I will be making sure things are running myself.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)