AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

who all doesnt have there s series combines?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

730diesel
Posted 8/8/2012 22:55 (#2529352 - in reply to #2529056)
Subject: Re: who all doesnt have there s series combines?

NE ND
I have to agree with the poster below. I heard all the same crap from old men 20 yrs ago when the 9600s came out. They'll never stay running with those wires and computers running in that dust and dirt. Most 8820s have now been shipped to Mexico and 9600s from the early 90s are still plugging along.

At the end of the day, Deere still has nearly 70% of combine market share in the US. To gain that level of share, people are voting with their almighty dollar bill. And in many cases Deere is the most expensive so people must feel it is the best value in the market place to spend their hard earned dollar on the most expensive one in the market.

I have to laugh at one memory of working at a farm show a number of years ago. Old timer rolls up in his golf cart, looks at some new fangdangled systems on a tractor we were standing next to and started to go on and on about how that wasn't needed and that wasn't need, etc. We asked him if he had electric windows in his pickup and he proceeded to drive away.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)