AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Going to Iowa
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JEFFB5378
Posted 6/27/2012 20:08 (#2453342 - in reply to #2452937)
Subject: Re: Going to Iowa

Nebraska
I just went to Iowa a couple months ago and got to perform a DOT inspection while going to get a cornhead. I was pulling a 25 ft gooseneck trailer with a 3/4 ton crew cab with Nebraska farm plates. He mapquested me and followed me till I was 150 miles away from home and pulled me over even though I was empty. I did not have DOT #'s on door ($150 fine), was not running log book ($150 fine), no fire extinguisher, and no DOT triangles (warnings for those). I did have my CDL, medical card,(both he said I needed) and everything worked perfect on the truck and trailer. I was told if I was going in to Iowa to get a snowmobile, camper, or recreational item that I was perfectly legal. I was honest (big mistake) and told him I was getting a cornhead and he told me farming was a business and that I was a interstate commerce. He also wanted to dip my fuel tank to check fuel. I just about let him and then told him it was a gas truck. I was just north of Harlan, Iowa when this happened. If I was to buy anything in Iowa again it would be the delivered price.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)