AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

20/20 seedsense and precision finger pick-ups
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jmark71
Posted 4/26/2012 08:12 (#2354506 - in reply to #2354131)
Subject: Re: 20/20 seedsense and precision finger pick-ups

Kentucky

engbert2 - 4/25/2012 22:31 I have been thinking about trying to go to vsets next year but rebuilt my meters before I started this year and so far I have been running close to an average of 99.4 % singulation and even better spacing ... SRI just above 10 average ... so haw can the vsets pay for them self's ???

That's a good question.  I made the switch to vSets on a new planter because the fingers can't handle higher speeds especially as populations increase.  The fingers also change over the planting season.  I wonder how many guys (or gals) that post 99% singulation with fingers really average that over various seed sizes and through the whole season.  As the season progresses, I notice that it is harder to maintain the same level of singulation as I had at the beginning.  I just ran ~1000 acres through the vSets and couldn't tell any difference from the beginning of planting to the end.  The planter average ran 99.8% or better virtually all the time.  This is no-till conditions at 5.4 mph.  I could never average better that 98.5% in those conditions over the whole crop with fingers.

How's the planting coming in Winnebago Co.?  I used to live there.

Edited by Jmark71 4/26/2012 08:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)