AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

xi wobs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

datyerdog?
Posted 4/25/2012 22:06 (#2353854 - in reply to #2353504)
Subject: Re: xi wobs

I mistakenly posted a while back about iwobs. You are talking about a different sprinkler. Sorry bout that.
I think your concerns are valid. I have a 1980 zimmatic that had impact sprinklers. 15 sprinklers per span. It nearly shook itself to pieces. I climbed up on it to unplug a sprinkler nossle and noticed the truss rod bolts were loose. On further inspection I found some truss rod bolts with the nuts gone and barely hanging on. The flang bolts were loose and beginning to leak. We promptly retightened the entire system then renossled with half the sprinklers.
3 years ago I replaced the impact sprinklers with Iwobs. It may be coincidence but the system has run trouble free since. I was told that the first iwobs were installed with rigid pipe and the systems shook to pieces in short order hence the hose drops.
I've never seen the xi- wob so I have no opinion on them.
IMO I would think twice about the possibility of using vibrating sprinklers in top without the hose to dampen the vibration. The iwobs are expensive, but they do a beautiful job watering.

Edited by datyerdog? 4/25/2012 22:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)