AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Torn? pro 700
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

IH1486
Posted 4/2/2012 02:11 (#2317398 - in reply to #2317332)
Subject: Re: Torn? pro 700

Minnesota
First get all the software up-to-date. If that doesn't fix the issue try swapping out the GPS receiver. It takes about a minute to do. If that does not work, have your dealer take a quick check on your steering sensor to make sure that is not giving false readings. If all seems to be fine, swap out the NAV controller and recalibrate. If that still doesn't fix the problem start swapping out displays, and other sensors tied to the system, and check wiring. Maybe not in that exact order, but there are things to troubleshoot on the system. If your tractor is veering off 4 feet, and the system thinks it is getting back to the AB line by doing that, I would first throw a different receiver on the tractor, shouldn't matter if its a receiver on WAAS, Omni, or RTK, you shouldn't get a big jump like that on any DGPS source, and should help with troubleshooting.
I can understand how frustrating your situation is, especially having an issue that shows up intermiddently. I am a dealer, and it just torques me when customers are having problems that I can't fix on the spot, but sometimes it does take time to figure out the cause before I can find the solution. Sometimes it seems like when the GPS guy stops by the steering system knows that, and works great until I take off in my pickup to the next job.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)