AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hub wont move!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 3/24/2012 22:08 (#2304552 - in reply to #2303614)
Subject: Re: Hub wont move!

Faunsdale, AL
You may want to check the push off bolts for rust before you "go for broke" on them. They will usually screw out, just bending the clip on the end that's supposed to prevent them from falling out. Had one day before yesterday on our 4450 that wouldn't come all the way out, but it wasn't rusted too thin around the shank, so I drove it back in until it contacted the threads in the hub again, oiled everything up good and tightened it back in again. Put a new 7/8 bolt in the other hole where I was able to get the push off bolt out and got it to break loose by tightening them alternately. Also took a sledge hammer and hit on the hub over the wedge we were trying to push off. I figured it might shake it some. I didn't hit on the 3 holding bolt heads too much, have heard of folks breaking the flange off the backside of the wedge doing that. Anyway it's hard to hit them without mushrooming the head.

This was after snapping off BOTH of the push off bolts on the other side of the tractor. We just had to move one side or the other out enough to get the load control shaft out to replace the seals. After it broke loose, had to totally remove the wedge to get the wheel to move, but, but once the wedge fell out on the floor, it walked right out with no problem.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)