AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

e-z boom and raven 450
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/17/2012 07:14 (#2291298 - in reply to #2290938)
Subject: RE: e-z boom and raven 450

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.

I haven't actually done one of these but I notice you indicate that you have all the switches on the Raven OFF except the Power Switch.  For the most part that would be correct but the Control switch should be set to Rate 1 or Rate 2 rather than Manual for the Raven to do automatic rate control. This may explain why your rate didn't seem to respond.

Assuming you have the proper cables, the EZ-Boom turns ON/OFF the booms as it sees fit based on Coverage and how you have the section switches on the EZ-Boom set.  The cable sends electricity to the Section Valve(s) to do this and also sends electricity back into the Raven on the pins that would normally be used to run the valves if the Raven was working alone. This is referred to as "Boom Sense".  The Raven electronics bases its activities on which Booms are actually ON whether they are ON due to the Raven Sections switches or an outside source.

This is why it is vital that the Boom Switches on the Raven be in the OFF position.  If they are ON, then EZ-Boom could not control the valves itself.  The math inside the Raven would also be done incorrectly.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)