AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integra 3.0
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/14/2012 07:40 (#2227334 - in reply to #2225902)
Subject: Re: Integra 3.0

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.

stecky1984 - 2/13/2012 16:18 Everyone keep in mind that 3.0 is NOT supporting ontrac2. It is supposed to be coming out in the next update on the first of march but i'm not taking any chances. I'm not updating anyone who auto steers with ontrac2 until the next update is out.

Yes, this is correct V 3.0 is not supporting ontrac2.  If the customer is NOT using ontrac 2 then V 3.0 should be fine. Later upgrades from V 3.0 to V 3.x should be minor or not necessary for this planting season. 

If the customer is using ontrac2, you could still update to V 3.0 and lose ontrac2 capability now and later upgrade to V 3.x which will have ontrac2 capability.  This might seem foolish but would have the advantage of getting the customer "up to speed" to level 3.0.  This would give you "time" to get the configurations and other details handled now.  But if ontrac2 is actually needed now or before the V 3.x is released you would have lost this feature.  This is a judgement call.  As I understand this, the ontrac2 profile will need to be reentered.

I have a tractor and planter on the lot right now in that situation.  My plan is to wait until the V 3.x is released.  I have reason to believe that it is close and will probably be released as scheduled.  

I am concerned that I will have a flood of customers close to planting time who will want to make the change.  My experience is that this can take a fair amount of time in certain cases.

Edited by tedbear 2/14/2012 07:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)