AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

question for stepheng67 about BaseLine X
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

stepheng67
Posted 2/4/2012 15:25 (#2205591 - in reply to #2200526)
Subject: Re: question for stepheng67 about BaseLine X

Single frequency RTK takes longer to get to convergence. Meaning it takes longer to calculate a position when set up in a new location--about 10-15 minutes before it starts to transmit corrrection signals. Once it is warmed up and transmitting, the S3 or S2 will also take a little while to get to full accuracy and get an RTK lock.

I currently have a BaselineX mounted on a 30' antenna tower. I keep it powered up at all times. It has been mounted there since March 2011. It has not stopped transmitting since then. I get about a 5-6 mile radius from there. I usually can get an RTK Lock with my S3 in less than 5 minutes. First thing I do when going to the field in the morning is turn on my GPS system then go through my regular maintenance and usually long before I get through with the preday checks and greasing the system has RTK lock. With the S3 and edriveX I have had very good accuracy-->http://youtu.be/VDasY5S_NQY

The video link shows me running a 12 row bedder with an S3, edriveX, and BaselineX as the RTK correction. I was about 1.5 miles from my BaselineX. I was maintaing a standard deviation on the S3 of about .015 meters==.58 inches
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)